Mountah Ash's Musings

The musings of a chronically ill girl named after a tree.

(Comments are virtual hugs. Please leave me some.)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My fourth day at Discovery Camp

Oh my, I just took my socks off and found half and inch deep line where the top of the sock is! Painful!! Today we started off getting dresses as usual. I don't think I mentioned that we do an Assembly line to get dressed, since the back of the dresses are covered in ties and clips.
We had some time before school, so we sewed and practiced our spelling. I am working on a second tea cosy because I finished mine. It is a pretty pattern that is green.
After that we had school. I did spelling. Actually, everyone did spelling except Chloe. She did reading.
Then we went fishing and all together, we caught 21. Bridget and I were partners, we caught 8. The most of the group.
Then we went and had lunch and after that we played jump rope with the little kids. I love jump rope!
After that we helped carry the games back into the town house, and left for the museum. When we were there, we got changed. While we were waiting for our teacher, we slid down the banisters, raced back up to the top and slid again. Finally a teacher came and we went into wood shop and started our wooden spoons. We used old fashioned tools and did it by hand. They are not done, we still have to sand out the edges.
Then we had a whip cream race. All the groups were split up into two groups and we raced to see who's would become whip cream first. The other team won and the teachers said that they had the better whisk and it was not fair. When we had that finished, we had the cream on shortcake and strawberries and blueberries.
Then we went back to the home room and had our cookies and lemonade and wrote in out journals. I brought my sewing home. Again.
I still have a headache. I can't seem to make it go away. Anyway I have to go work on my sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day Rowie.
    The whip cream race sounds like fun. I can't wait to see your tea cozy and spoon. I am off to a FBC VBS meeting. I will talk to you when I get home. Your next essay is due Monday by the way....the topic is the truth about spiritual warfare.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Virtual hug!!
(Unless its hate or something. In which case, virtual slap.)