Mountah Ash's Musings

The musings of a chronically ill girl named after a tree.

(Comments are virtual hugs. Please leave me some.)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

OSV Training Day one

I am writing this post on my laptop, on a word program. The tornado took out my Memere’s Phone and Internet, so this post might be a tad late in being posted.
The car ride up was uneventful, although Jenna did try to get as much annoying in as possible because I would be gone for 20 days. Silly thing. Anywho, Today was my first day of my training. I think it went quite well. I woke up at 7:00…Well I got up at 7. I woke up more like 5:40. When I did actually get out of bed, I got ready, by putting on my village shoes (which my Memere was kind enough to let me borrow) and eating breakfast. ( I needed to wear the shoes because of the costume shoot later, we did not need to be in our costumes yet)
Around 8 we got into the car, and we drove to the village. When we got there, we were about fifteen minutes early. There were two people already there, and thanks to prompting from my Memere, I soon found out their names. There are 12 people in my group including me, and 4 of us are homeschooled. I was sooo happy to find homeschoolers there besides me!! When Kim ( the intern director/ coordinator) arrived, we headed to the schoolhouse, to learn how to “Keep School”. We were almost through the lesson, when 3 little girls came in, and we got to test our teaching skills on them. After our School Keeping lesson, we walked/skipped/frolicked to the potters (which is really right across from the school house) and got our clay mugs. When we all had our mugs, we headed down to the mill pond, and learned how to teach fishing. I think one person caught two fish. The bread was VERY dry and crumbly, so it was quite hard to keep on the hook. We walked around the village a bit, and then headed off to the Staff Area of Bullard Tavern, to learn how to craft a hot air balloon. It was pretty cool, there are 6 sections that you glue together, and it…yea. Haha Its was really interesting. Taking a break to get our lunch, we headed down to the lunch area of Bullard Tavern, and ate our lunches as we chatted. I was talked to some girls about books we had read recently. One girl, had read most of the books I had, and loves the same kind. A homeschooler also. She was wicked cool. When lunch was finished, (we had about an hour in which to eat it) we hurried each other back up to the staff area of Bullard to continue our games training.
That day, there was an antique car show, so although we were supposed to get our Costumes at Fuller for the photo shoot on the Common, they were not leaving the common until 4:30, so we sat in the Towne House garden’s grape arbor for a while, and chatted, and discussed with Kim the proper way to act, and asked questions and things like that. When Kim told us that girls did not cross their legs back then because it was improper, all of the girls had to uncross their legs. It was so funny. Kind of a like it had be coordinated. We all changed the way we were sitting at the exact same time!! It seemed like 10 minutes but it had been like half an hour, so we were able to go get our costumes, even if it was a bit early. The girls changed in a big room downstairs and the guys upstairs. It was a little bit awkward, but we were all laughing and helping each other so it was not that bad. All the girls, when we had our bonnets on, were trying to go through doors, and forgetting about the large extension on our heads, and, consequently, smacking into door frames. We got used to it fairly quickly though. Its funny, because, although the girls costumes have buttons, the guys costumes, have by far the most buttons and fastens, so they take longer than the girls in getting dressed. So for once, the girls were waiting on the guys.
When we all had finished the laborious task of getting dressed in all our finery, we headed onto the common for our photo shoot. The camera man had us to a few different things. The 6 tallest of us, were told to stand shoulder to shoulder, and the 6 shorter, sat on a bench. Then we had to shuffle around a bit, but it worked out. Then, he had us all run towards the camera, In a slow, yet quick (if that makes any bit of sense) run. Then *dun dun dun daaaa* WE GOT TO HOLD A BABY SHEEP!!!!! It was like wicked light!!! And sooo freaking adorable. The little darling, tried to eat several of the girls dress collars though… When that was done, we were to “run the sheep” from one pen into another. Now, if you have never seen this before, it is not an easy task. The sheep do not like to be run. Aka controlled. Aka told what to do. And that is exactly what is happening. When you let them go on their own, they will go the way they are supposed to. But when they are told where to go with people standing there, they go the wrong way. We were set up in groups of threes along the way, kind of spread apart. I was in the first group, and they told us not to worry, the sheep would see us and move. Well…the camera man told us that. And a few others. Let me tell you, that is NOT what happened. See, I was standing next to a path, and the sheep decided to go onto that path…..Through the common…where we had just gotten all the visitors to stand on…I think I was able to make like 4 sheep go the right way, when all the other ones ran through the common. It was wicked funny, because all of us interns had to run around all the people, and most of the girl’s bonnets were being obstinate and not wanting to stay on our heads. It was interesting. The visitors seemed to think it was quite the show though, so hey its all cool. Then we all headed back and got into our street clothes. Huge difference let me tell ya. And that, was my first training day.

Of course, when I got home, the craziness continued. (No shock there, its my family) Jenna spend most of the car ride back to Memere’s making fun of my apparel. Both modern, and period clothes. Matante and Uncle Luke came over, and apparently we had to celebrate my birthday again because they were not there, and neither were Memere and Grandpa. So I got sung to, and of course I had to pretend like I did not care at all, so I examined my non-existent manicure, and tried not to laugh. Memere and Grandpa got me a TracFone!!! ( I laughed cause they spelled phone wrong…Haha) After dinner and dessert and all that jazz, we decided to play “win, loose, or draw” which, in case you were wondering, is a wicked fun game. There are a ton of random things that get said though. “don’t give the melting cupcake to the rainbow!!” was somehow gotten from someone trying to draw “Selling like hotcakes.” It gets quite insane. Alright, I think I should head off to bed. The time is 10:42, and I have to be up at around 7 if not before, so I will stop writing for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Virtual hug!!
(Unless its hate or something. In which case, virtual slap.)