Mountah Ash's Musings

The musings of a chronically ill girl named after a tree.

(Comments are virtual hugs. Please leave me some.)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To Be a Part of Nature

As I sit here at my desk, I catch myself looking out the window time and time again. It is a hazy, damp day. The plants are budding, and there is a small cluster of daisys growing among the rocks. The wisteria’s runners are slowly creeping around the hydrangea, mint, and iris. Baby wood rats and chipmunks scurry around the yard. The birds are chirping and singing their lovely songs. The thinner branches, swaying in the crisp, light breeze. I can hear the faint rustling of squirrels playing in the leaves. I find myself wishing I could hear the wind whispering to the trees and understand the mystery of it all. Oh, to be a part of nature and hear it’s lovely song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Virtual hug!!
(Unless its hate or something. In which case, virtual slap.)